Who are the BCC High School Sports Boosters?
You are! Anyone can join the Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School Sports Boosters (“Sports Boosters”) and become a part of B-CC’s athletic success. The B-CC High School Sports Boosters is a non-profit parent and community organization comprised of dedicated parents, alumni, coaches, school staff, community members & corporate sponsors. The Sports Boosters support ALL school sponsored sports teams at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. That’s over 800 B-CC student athletes and coaches.
JOIN TODAY HERE
Discover Advertising Opportunities HERE
Importance of Joining B-CC High School Sports Boosters
Our Mission Statement: The B-CC High School Sports Boosters exist to provide funding for athletic programs that increase student participation and develop leadership skills, teamwork, values and sportsmanship.
Our goals and objectives are to:
- promote school spirit and sportsmanship;
- assist with field maintenance, equipment purchases, uniform purchases, and professional development for our coaches;
- fund Sportsmanship Awards (the Silver Star Award) and Senior Night Recognition;
- facilitate communication between coaches, student athletes, and parents; and
- work with the B-CC Athletic Director to identify funding priorities for athletic programs, including long term special funding projects.
Support for Athletic Programs
The Sports Boosters organizes and staffs several key fundraising activities throughout the school year which can be enjoyed by Booster Members as well as the community at large. These include:
- Mulch Sale (March 18 & 19, 2018)
- All Sports Tailgate Party - party with band, food, drinks & fun -- for all BCC parents who enjoy BCC athletics during the fall, winter and spring seasons! (November 17, 2018, Rock Creek Mansion in Bethesda, mark your calendars today)
- Game Concession Sales
- Membership and Donation Drives
- School Store -- VOLUNTEER NOW for a 1 hour shift --- not only is it fun, but you get to see what happens behind the scenes at BCC during the day (be a fly on the wall!) Sign up for 2018-19 will be available by August 1, 2018.
- New Outdoor All Sports Scoreboard (January 2019)
- New BCC Field (January 2019)
- New Indoor Scorer's Table (purchased August 2017)
- Upper & Lower Field Maintenance
- Wrestling/Gymnastics Mats ($4,000 towards new mats to be purchased in 11/2017)
- Volleyball Net Systems
- Renovation of weight room ($1000 smart TV purchased 10/2017)
- Football Helmets
- Uniform upgrades
- Field Hockey Goals
- Soccer Goals
- Lacrosse Goals
In this time of budget cuts and decreasing operational monies, with your help, we can continue B-CC’s athletic excellence! This year we are hoping to assist in funding a new outdoor digital scoreboard and sound system, and on-field scorers table, among other large projects.
Who decides where the money goes?
The B-CC High School Sports Boosters meet with the Athletic Director to set the funding priorities for each year. The proposed budget is presented at the start of the school year to all interested members of the B-CC sports community who can review and make comment to the Sports Boosters Executive Committee before they vote on the final budget.
MCPS Guidelines for Sports Booster groups, funds are used exclusively to organize, establish, promote and support all athletic programs equitably, in accordance with MCPS policies and the provisions of Title IX. Funds raised by Booster clubs are used for those items that benefit an entire program, and may not be used to purchase personal items for any team or individual.