Who are the B-CC High School Sports Boosters?
You are! Anyone can join the Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School Sports Boosters (“Sports Boosters”) and become a part of B-CC’s athletic success. The B-CC High School Sports Boosters is a non-profit parent and community organization comprised of dedicated parents, alumni, coaches, school staff, community members & corporate sponsors. The Sports Boosters support ALL school sponsored sports teams at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. That’s over 800 B-CC student athletes and coaches.
JOIN TODAY HERE
Discover Advertising Opportunities HERE
Importance of Joining B-CC High School Sports Boosters
Our Mission Statement: The B-CC High School Sports Boosters exist to provide funding for athletic programs that increase student participation and develop leadership skills, teamwork, values and sportsmanship.
Our goals and objectives are to:
- promote school spirit and sportsmanship;
- assist with field maintenance, equipment purchases, uniform purchases, and professional development for our coaches;
- fund Sportsmanship Awards (the Silver Star Award) and Senior Night Recognition;
- facilitate communication between coaches, student athletes, and parents; and
- work with the B-CC Athletic Director to identify funding priorities for athletic programs, including long term special funding projects.
Support for Athletic Programs
The Sports Boosters organizes and staffs several key fundraising activities throughout the school year which can be enjoyed by Booster Members as well as the community at large. These include:
- The All sports Booster Bash-- for all B-CC parents who enjoy B-CC athletics during the fall, winter and spring seasons! (November 23, 2019, Rock Creek Mansion in Bethesda, mark your calendars today)
- Game Concession Sales
- Membership and Donation Drives
- School Store -- VOLUNTEER NOW for a 1 hour shift --- not only is it fun, but you get to see what happens behind the scenes at B-CC during the day (be a fly on the wall!) Sign up for 2018-19 will be available by August 1, 2018.
- Annual Mulch Sale
- Senior & Spirit Night funding (explained below)
Each team has $50 to spend per senior on a senior gift, and item which goes home with the senior. $25 will come directly from the boosters, and $25 comes from the soccer team account. Please do not go over $50 per senior for the item you purchase. Please have one person submit a receipt to Judy Branthover, our treasurer (email@example.com). You may take photos of the receipts and email them to Judy -- but please be organized, as Judy has to handle this for all teams -- she will reimburse one individual up to $50 per senior.
You also have access to $250 Sports Booster spirit money for the JV & V team combined, which you can use to host a spirit night, or enhance any of your playoff games. The spirit money can be used for decorations, balloons, fan and family giveaway items, pom pons, blue and gold necklaces, cupcakes or cakes for your event etc. We want you to use it to increase spirit for your team and fans -- it should be used to attract fans to your games (by announcing that you have free items to give away), and to reward your consistent fan base. (Again, spend up to $250, and have 1 person send a receipt to Judy Branthover requesting reimbursement for TEAM SPIRIT ACTIVITIES)
And finally, we have the following offer (listed below) to entice your families to join the Sports Boosters and to give you money for your year end banquet... (booster membership chair James Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org, can tell you how many families from your team have currently joined).
GET FREE MONEY FOR YOUR BANQUET -- JOIN THE BOOSTERS...
NEW FOR 2018-19: Each sport (JV & Varsity combined) that has 80% Booster Club Membership participation will be rewarded with a donation to their individual team account to offset their end of season banquet expenses:
SMALL TEAMS (25 AND UNDER): $150 MEDIUM TEAMS (26 AND OVER): $250 LARGE (75 AND OVER): $500
The funds raised go directly to benefit the athletic programs at B-CC. B-CC HS Sports Boosters make generous distributions directly to sports teams based on their level of participation from both the Mulch Sale (25%) and Game-Day Concession Sales (20%). Examples of various projects the B-CC Boosters have funded include:
- New Outdoor All Sports Scoreboard negotiations in progress
- New Indoor Scorer's Table (purchased August 2017)
- Upper & Lower Field Maintenance
- Wrestling/Gymnastics Mats
- Volleyball Net Systems
- Renovation of weight room
- Helmets and protective gear
- Uniform upgrades
- Field Hockey Goals
- Soccer Goals
- Lacrosse Goals
In this time of budget cuts and decreasing operational monies, with your help, we can continue B-CC’s athletic excellence! This year we are hoping to assist in funding a new outdoor digital scoreboard and sound system, and on-field scorers table, among other large projects.
Who decides where the money goes?
The B-CC High School Sports Boosters meet with the Athletic Director to set the funding priorities for each year. The proposed budget is presented at the start of the school year to all interested members of the B-CC sports community who can review and make comment to the Sports Boosters Executive Committee before they vote on the final budget.
MCPS Guidelines for Sports Booster groups, funds are used exclusively to organize, establish, promote and support all athletic programs equitably, in accordance with MCPS policies and the provisions of Title IX. Funds raised by Booster clubs are used for those items that benefit an entire program, and may not be used to purchase personal items for any team or individual.