Who are the BCC High School Sports Boosters?
You are! Anyone can join the Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School Sports Boosters (“Sports Boosters”) and become a part of B-CC’s athletic success. The B-CC High School Sports Boosters is a non-profit organization comprised of dedicated parents, alumni, coaches, school staff, community members & corporate sponsors. The Sports Boosters support ALL school sponsored sports teams at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. That’s over 800 B-CC student athletes and coaches.
JOIN TODAY HERE
Importance of Joining B-CC High School Sports Boosters
Our Mission Statement: The B-CC High School Sports Boosters exist to provide funding for athletic programs that increase student participation and develop leadership skills, teamwork, values and sportsmanship.
Our goals and objectives are to:
- promote school spirit and sportsmanship;
- assist with field maintenance, equipment purchases, uniform purchases, and professional development for our coaches;
- fund Sportsmanship Awards (the Silver Star Award) and Senior Night Recognition;
- facilitate communication between coaches, student athletes, and parents; and
- work with the B-CC Athletic Director to identify funding priorities for athletic programs, including long term special funding projects.
Support for Athletic Programs
The Sports Boosters organizes and staffs several key fundraising activities throughout the school year which can be enjoyed by Booster Members as well as the community at large. These include:
- Mulch Sale (March)
- Sports Bash, party and auction (November)
- Game Concession Sales
- Membership and Donation Drives
- School Store
The funds raised go directly to benefit the athletic programs at B-CC. B-CC HS Sports Boosters make generous distributions directly to sports teams based on their level of participation from both the Mulch Sale (25%) and Game-Day Concession Sales (20%). Examples of various projects the B-CC Boosters have funded include:
- Upper & Lower Field Maintenance
- Padding for Walls in the Main Gym
- New Sound System in the Main Gym
- Volleyball Net Systems
- Additional weights for weight room
- Football Helmets
- Uniform upgrades
- Wrestling/Gymnastics Mats
- Field Hockey Goals
- Soccer Goals
- Lacrosse Goals
In this time of budget cuts and decreasing operational monies, with your help, we can continue B-CC’s athletic excellence!
Who decides where the money goes?
The B-CC High School Sports Boosters meet with the Athletic Director to set the funding priorities for each year. The proposed budget is presented at the start of the school year to all interested members of the B-CC sports community who can review and make comment to the Sports Boosters Executive Committee before they vote on the final budget.
MCPS Guidelines for Sports Booster groups, funds are used exclusively to organize, establish, promote and support all athletic programs equitably, in accordance with MCPS policies and the provisions of Title IX. Funds raised by Booster clubs are used for those items that benefit an entire program, and may not be used to purchase personal items for any team or individual, including but not limited to: shoes, swim suits, t-shirts, socks, mouth guards, or any item retained by the coach or student.